What Is ASG Recovers? So, ASG Recovers, which you might have heard of, is a company that deals with debt collection. They say they help American companies with their debts. Some of the companies they claim to collect money for include Fox Enterprises and HSBC prime. But here’s the problem: many folks have said they’re being told they owe money when they actually don’t.
What Kind of Messages Do People Get from ASG Recovers? People get messages, phone calls, and even voice mails from ASG Recovers. These messages can be pretty scary. They might say something like, “Hey, this is Tammy with account services pre-legal. Your account is with me now, and we need to hear from you. If you don’t want any trouble, call us or go to our website at asgrecoveries.com.” Sounds pretty serious, right?
Is ASG Recovers the Same as ASG Solutions LLC? Nope, they’re not the same at all. ASG Solutions LLC is a different company, and they want you to know that. They’ve even put up a message on their Contact page saying they’re not ASG Recovers. See the picture below to be sure.
Is ASG Recovers a Fake Debt Collector? We can’t say for sure if ASG Recovers is a scam or not. But here’s the thing: a lot of reviews and complaints online suggest something fishy might be going on. One big problem is that ASG Recovers claims they’ve been doing this for 25 years. That’s not true! According to a tool called who.is, their website, asgrecovers.com, was only made in October 2021. So why would they make up such an important detail? Also, lots of people who got messages from them say they don’t actually owe any money. One person even said, “I talked to them, and they won’t give me any info. They say I owe $2,235.00 to HSBC prime, but I’ve never heard of that, and I don’t know anything about it. They have my info, but when I asked for theirs, they hung up on me.” It’s pretty clear they want this debt thing to stop.
Received a Call or Voicemail from ASG Recovery? Here’s What to Do
If you’ve gotten a call, text message, or voicemail from someone named Tammy at ASG Recovers, also known as ASG Recoveries LLC, you should take these steps:
1. Contact ASG Recovers at (205) 627-7004 It’s a good idea to reach out to ASG Recovers using the phone number they provided in the message.
2. Request a Debt Validation Letter Ask them for a letter that proves the original loan and the company it’s from. This letter should also confirm if the amount they say you owe matches what you think you owe (if you really owe anything at all).
3. Contact the Original Loan Provider If you recognize the debt and know you owe that amount, get in touch with the company that gave you the loan. You can try to work out a payment plan with them.
4. If You Don’t Recognize the Debt, Let ASG Recovers Know If you’ve never heard of the company they say you owe money to, tell ASG Recovers that you don’t owe any such debt.
5. File a Complaint If things don’t seem right, you can submit a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission or contact your state Attorney General’s office.
How to Spot a Scam Debt Collector in 2022
Here’s how you can tell if a debt collector is legit or fake:
- They keep important information from you.
- They push you to pay using money transfers or cards.
- They threaten you with going to jail.
- You don’t recognize the debt they claim you owe.
- They call you at inconvenient times.
Based on what we’ve seen, ASG Recovers doesn’t seem like a trustworthy debt collector. Many people have reported feeling threatened by calls and voicemails about debts that might not even exist. They use names like Tammy and Mike during calls.
No matter how convincing they may sound, it’s best not to send them money or share personal information until you’ve verified that the debt is real. Your money and information are valuable, so make sure you’re dealing with a legitimate debt collector before taking any action.