So, you’ve heard about Costco, right? It’s a store where you can get lots of stuff at low prices, especially when you want to buy a whole bunch of things at once. But what if you can’t make it to the store? Can you still get your Costco goodies without going inside? Well, let’s find out what’s happening in 2023!
What’s the Deal with Costco’s Curbside Pickup in 2023?
Okay, here’s the scoop: Yes, Costco does have curbside pickup, but it’s not everywhere just yet. In January 2021, they started trying out curbside pickup in a few stores in Albuquerque, New Mexico. However, only members of their special program could use it. They say they’re planning to bring this service to more places, but they haven’t told us exactly when.
How Does Costco’s Curbside Pickup Work?
Now, if you’re lucky enough to live near a Costco with curbside pickup, here’s how it works:
- Ordering Your Stuff: You can pick out what you want online on Costco’s website or by using their app. Just sign in, put items in your cart, and choose “Pick up” when you’re checking out.
- Picking Up Your Stuff: When it’s time to get your stuff, follow these steps:
- Show up at the store during your scheduled pickup time.
- Park in a special spot they’ve marked for pickups and call the number on their sign.
- A Costco worker will bring out your order and put it in your car.
It’s pretty simple!
What Are the Good and Not-so-Good Things about Curbside Pickup?
Using Costco’s curbside pickup can be handy for some reasons:
- You don’t have to go inside the store.
- You can skip the big crowds and long lines.
- It can save you time.
- You can order alcohol too (in some places).
- There’s no extra fee for delivery.
But there are a few things to keep in mind:
- It’s not available everywhere yet.
- They charge a $4.99 service fee for each order.
- You have to plan ahead and order in advance.
- You’ll need to wait in your car for your stuff.
- Not everything they sell is available for pickup (like alcohol in some places).
Is Costco Curbside Pickup a Good Idea for You?
Well, that depends on you! If you live near a Costco with curbside pickup and you want an easy way to get your groceries without going into the store, it might be a good choice. But if you don’t mind going inside or can’t plan ahead for pickup, then shopping in the store might work better for you.
Other Ways to Get Groceries from Costco
If curbside pickup isn’t your thing, there are a few other ways to get Costco groceries:
- Instacart: They teamed up with Instacart for delivery in some places. Prices for delivery can vary, usually starting at around $5.99 to $7.99 per order.
- Shipt: Costco also joined forces with Shipt for delivery in certain areas. The delivery fee depends on how much stuff you order.
- Costco Grocery: In some spots, you can order groceries online and pick them up at a set time. No service fee here, but you might have to pay for parking.
- Click & Collect: This is in the UK, and it lets you order online and pick up your groceries at a specific time from a Costco store. No extra fee for this one.
So, there you have it! Costco’s got some options for getting your groceries without going through the store’s big doors. But remember, curbside pickup might not be available everywhere just yet, and there’s a little service fee. So, if you’re hoping for Costco curbside pickup in 2023, it’s worth checking if it’s happening in your area!