Have you heard about a Fresca shortage? Fresca is a yummy soda made by The Coca-Cola Company, and it’s known for its grapefruit flavor. It’s been around since 1966, and the name “Fresca” comes from words in Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese that mean “fresh.” There used to be a sugary version of Fresca in some places, but the original one is sugar-free.
Nowadays, it’s called “Fresca Sparkling Soda Water,” and it comes in cool flavors like grapefruit citrus, black cherry citrus, peach citrus, and blackberry citrus. People love it because it’s sugar-free and has no calories.
Why Do People Love Fresca?
Fresca is a popular drink because its citrusy taste makes our taste buds happy. It’s like a mix between a regular soda and sparkling water. Ryan Hughes, who works with Sprite and Citrus Brands, says people fall in love with Fresca once they try it.
But Wait, There’s a Fresca Shortage?
Lately, there’s been a problem – you can’t find Fresca in stores because it’s out of stock everywhere! The main reasons for this are a shortage of aluminum cans and carbon dioxide. Companies can’t get enough aluminum to put Fresca in cans.
Why Is There a Shortage of Stuff?
The shortage problem is because of the pandemic. COVID-19 shook up everyone’s lives, including companies. They’re having a hard time keeping up with the demand, which is why many products, like Fresca, are running out.
When Will the Fresca Shortage End?
The good news for Fresca fans is that Coca-Cola is starting to make more Fresca again. They can’t find enough aluminum cans, so for now, they’re using plastic bottles, even though it’s not ideal for the environment. But it’s better than nothing until they can get more aluminum.
Fresca is back, but in a different way. You can now get it in 16.9-ounce plastic bottles, sold in six-packs. Ryan Hughes, the guy from Sprite and Citrus Brands, says they haven’t talked to people about Fresca since 2008, so they wanted to give it a refresh. They hope more people will get to taste how awesome Fresca is.
Fresca Wants to Party with Cocktails!
Fresca has been a go-to mixer for cocktails for a long time. Now, they want to work with alcohol makers to make even cooler drinks.
People Were Really Upset About the Fresca Shortage
People are pretty upset about not finding Fresca in stores. For some, it’s like their weekend was ruined. One guy named Carson Daly, who’s a TV host, posted on Instagram about how he couldn’t find Fresca. He loves it a lot and went to four stores but found none. His post went viral, and other Fresca fans felt the same way.
So, yeah, Fresca fans are hoping the shortage will end soon so they can enjoy their favorite soda again.
What Can You Drink While Waiting for Fresca to Return?
Missing your Fresca fix? We get it! Fresca is fantastic, but don’t worry, there are other tasty options out there to quench your thirst until it’s back. Let’s explore some citrus-flavored sodas you can try:
1. Diet Sun Drop: This soda might not be as famous as 7up or Sprite, but it’s been around for a while, especially in the South. It’s citrusy and has caffeine. You can find it in cans on Amazon.
2. Diet Mello Yello: If you like Mountain Dew, you might enjoy Mello Yello. It’s bursting with citrus flavors and has a lot of caffeine. Look for it in 20oz bottles on Amazon.
3. Diet Mountain Dew: Similar to Mello Yello, this soda is full of citrusy goodness and caffeine. You can order it in cans through Amazon Fresh.
4. Diet 7up: 7up is pretty iconic, right? It’s based on lemon and lime flavors and is caffeine-free. You can get a 12-pack of cans on Amazon.
5. Sprite Zero: Just like 7up, Sprite is a classic lemon-lime soda without caffeine. You can grab a 12-pack of cans on Amazon.
6. Wegmans Diet Wedge: Wegmans makes a Diet soda called Wedge that comes in plain grapefruit and grapefruit combos. While it’s usually available in cans, it seems like you can find 2-liter bottles now. You can check the Wegmans site for all four flavors.
7. Diet Squirt: If you’re looking for something really close to Fresca, Diet Squirt might be it. You can find it in 20oz bottles on Amazon.
The good news is that Coca-Cola is gearing up to bring Fresca back to the market, so you won’t have to wait too long. In the meantime, trying out these other sodas could be fun, and who knows, you might discover a new favorite! Enjoy exploring these options while you patiently wait for Fresca to return.